2.20.2009

Nationalized banks

I have begun researching the health of privately held banks in the increasingly likely event that the federal government nationalizes some failing banks.

I understand the faulty reasoning behind nationalization, but as a free market proponent, I could no more do business with a bank controlled by the government, than I could drive a car manufactured by the government. So I'm looking at small banks.

The refrain of a David Bowie song keep running through my mind and I can't seem to stop it:

A little piece of you

The little piece in me

Will die

For this is not America

I realize this isn't exactly what Bowie had in mind, but it seems to fit right now and I'm concerned for my family and my country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home